classring.png

Video - Parent Student Opinions

Pastor Marvin Gochenour and Mrs. Sarah Gochenour

 

Westwood Christian School was formed as a ministry of First Baptist Church of Westwood Lake under the direction of founding Pastor Marvin M. Gochenour in 1959.

The first class of eighty nine kindergartners met in the original campus on 107 Avenue, near Bird Road. Elementary, middle school and high school grades were added over time; the first senior class graduated in 1976. Middle school and high school classes met in the current 2000 Building. Building 5000 was built as a dormitory for boarding students in the seventies; in the nineties, the upper level was converted to apartments for teachers and the bottom level was used as sixth grade classrooms.

Upon the completion of Building 1000 in 1999, the preschool and high school moved to that building and the middle school moved to the second floor of Building 2000. The student body grew to over 1000 during this time period.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Pastor Marc Mortensen was called to serve as senior pastor in March 2004. The changing economy caused a shift in the student body population, making the desire for combining the entire school appear more of a reality; steps began in 2008, and the 2010-2011 school year marked the first year that all Westwood Christian School students attended class on one campus. 

Today the school matriculates students from two-year-old kindergarten through twelfth grade.  

The success of this ministry is attributed to the faithfulness of its dedicated Christian faculty, the highly-developed curriculum that is used at all levels and to the cooperation of Godly parents who see the need for a Christian education for their children.

A little more about Pastor Marc click here

Go to top